Thursday, May 06, 2010

A new Era ~ perhaps!

Does life change when you become the Mum of a teenager? Well, I can't answer yet, but it began for me on Sunday, and so far it's been fine :D

It's hard to believe my little boy, born on the same day (May 2nd) as the dawn of a 'New Labour' era (literally minutes after the results were announced) in 1997, is already 13 and here we are, praying that this political era is about to come to an end, as today (May 6th) we all go and cast our votes yet again.

My Digital photos don't go back far enough to document his full 13 years, but I can start from age 4.5 :)

 (Christmas 2001)


October 2002 (age 5.5)

Birthday 2003 ~ with his little girlfriend ~ age 6


A day at The British Motorbike GrandPrix ~ 7th Birthday 2004



8th Bithday 2005 ~ he's playing my full-size one now!!


Bowling with a bunch of mates for his 9th 2006


Ready for school ~ June 2007 (age 10)



School trip to Min-y-don ~ May 2008 ~ age 11



A self-portrait taken May 2009 ~ age 12



Birthday Batting (3.5.10) ~ age 13!


Welcome to your TEENS young man ~ it's good to know you!

If you read this Bugs, know that I love you. I may have got you wrong too many times and for too long, I may have misunderstood and expected too much of you too many times, but despite all my failures you've turned out OK so far! You are great fun to be with, and a great help to me when I need you. You have a heart of gold ~ though it took me too long to see it ~ and a charm about you that endears you to many (and me!). You are clever, creative, artistic and imaginative and I know these qualities will carry you far. You are loving and caring and will one day make some young lady a wonderful husband (I hope), but you DO need to learn to pick up your socks and help them find the wash bin!!
You fill me with pride (good pride) when I see you dance, or even when you're just messin' with your mates ~ I love you!

I am not fearful of your teens ~ just keep talking to us and we'll do fine :D!!

No comments: