Friday, May 14, 2010

Asking for Your Prayers...



Last week I had a phone call from my Mum. She told me that my Aunty D (her sister) had had a CT scan and they found 'lumps' on her pancreas, liver and chest. She has been in a lot of pain just recently, but has been unwell for considerably longer. Her GP has been passing it of as IBS, but after a conversation with me she eventually pushed for more tests ~ looks like it may have been too little too late :( 


Today I spoke to my nan (who lives with my aunty) and she confirmed that the hospital had rung her and told her - over the phone - that she does have cancer of the Pancreas.  D was out swimming when I rang, so I could only get what my nan could remember, but essentially D will have chemo' and they have not promised her a cure. She is to see a surgeon on Thursday who will hopefully tell her more about her possible prognosis. She is still awaiting tests for her Liver and chest I believe. As yet I do not know what the primary source of the Ca is, but I do know that none of this looks good :(


My aunty is 52, and has an almost-15 year old son, who is taking his GCSE's this year.
My nan is in her mid 80's and lives with them (although 100% independent).

3 comments:

maybe said...

like ur writing style..it's the real deal. just keep on writing...

Carolyn said...

I am so sorry to hear your news. Cancer is a terrible disease. I am stopping to pray for you and your Aunty & family now.
Stregnth & hugs for you,
C

Gillian said...

caroline, so sorry to hear this news - thoughts and prayers for her and you all.