Sunday, April 12, 2009

Behind again...

...But below is a link to some photo's from today. I have my Nan, Aunty and cousin S (13) staying for a few days over Easter, so today we went into Audlem and walked a little way along the Shropshire Union Canal. We had a pub lunch from the Shroppie Fly (gorgeous!!), the sun shone and I took LOTS of pictures!! I am working hard at improving my photography and am beginning to see the fruit of that. The pics are mainly portraits (as that's what I am working on the most atm), but there are some pretty scenery shots too. I'm sorry for those of you who had a day of rain, but as you will see, we most certainly had not a drop! :) The children thoroughly enjoyed themselves, hopping back and forth across the lochs and helping open the gates for the narrow boats to pass through. It proved to be a fairly educational day too, as none of them had ever seen a working canal before and I think they learnt quite a bit about how they operate - while I stood back and let it all sink in :)

Audlem Canal (Easter 09)

1 comment:

Elaine, Ellies Treasures said...

Glad you had a lovely day. Sun didn't shine for us here in the East, but it didn't rain either, just damp and chilly.