Thursday, October 28, 2004

Still Here...

Just in case you're all wondering, I am still alive - just! I'm feeling lousy and not doing much. The kids are having to amuse themselves for the large part. I'm needing to sleep +++ and walking around with a hazey headache (as is my thing in early pregnancy) that leaves me grumpy and no fun to be around. I can't face food of many descriptions, but thankfully it is staying down OK! I'm lurking around - reading blogs and commenting here and there, but there's not much to report of note in the Wellyboots household - and may not be for the next few weeks - so you're pre-warned!! :)

4 comments:

Jax Blunt said...

Well, I hope you feel better soon. I'm sure that you've got a whole raft of ideas on how you deal with it, so I'll keep shtum on them, hope the kids go on amusing each other for you.

Caroline said...

actually I have never really found anything that helped much - see if you can come up with something I haven't tried yet - go on - fire away!!

Jax Blunt said...

Ginger. Ginger biscuits, apple and ginger tea (actually found that the smell of the latter was about the only smell that didn't turn me a shade of green). I could always eat chips and coleslaw, and puddings with custard on (really stodgy stuff) as long as I didn't let myself get too hungry before hand.

Soda water, settles the stomach. Have been told that those pressure bands that you wear on your wrists are good, but never tried any.

hth!

Caroline said...

Chips, plain crisps, cashew nuts (dry, salty stuff) and fizzy drinks do seem to help - a little. Ginger Beer (but it has to be the RIGHT one - I'm fussy!) helps a little too, but I don't think I would go for the tea! The travel bands I used once before. They made my wrists hurt but did nothing for the sickness :( I tried something Homeopathic (can't remeber what now)- expensive and not much help either. Regular 'picking' seems to be my best solution at the moment + lots of sleep!! The headache - well that is just a painful par for the course!!

Anyone offer any other tips?